27 October 2006

1 year!

On 10/14/2006 I celebrated my 1st year of having my hair locked & my mind freed. I must admit there are things I did not expect to deal with. Isn't it funny that life is always throwing you these little lessons when you aren't looking for them??? I've learned that as a woman of African-American descent I have power. Not just sexual but mental! I have learned that I have got to be true to myself no matter what. I do not intentionally hurt others, but if it's a choice between you & my sanity...I choose my sanity. Things are not always going to go as I would like but if I have faith & keep trying something is going to break in my favor. Sometimes the things I want the most are the worst for me. Distinguishing between want & need is more easily said than done. Relationships are things to be worked on not taken for granted. To be a true neteru you must hunt!

Stay on your grind & only you can define your path.
Enjoy the journey of life

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home